Is your kitchen starting to look shabby and out of place? And to cope with this crisis you may be thinking of replacing the whole set. Wait, you’ve come to the right place. A kitchen cabinet it can be the perfect canvas for your wild imagination. Just by trying small DIYs, you can turn your kitchen cabinets into a smart and creative project.
The designs are easy to make and budget friendly at the same time. Up your kitchen game with your creativity and exclusive style. Your kitchen should be in great sync with the rest of the house.
Horizontal and dual tone kitchen panels
A two-tone cabinet is the latest trend in kitchen interior design. Many cupboard companies are rocking their style with horizontal lines and contrasting colours. This style is creating an understated sophistication with a touch of elegance. This style has become a unique statement by applying two contrasting color tones, keeping the dark hue on the lower belts and light tones on the upper panel. This lower dark line actually indicates a standard British design. The British design actually has a dark color for the lower wall of six inches and is known as the tide line.
This is an impressive way to give your kitchen a makeover with a simple yet elegant design.
Some suggestions while doing it yourself:
- Choose colors that go well with the walls. Avoid more than two colors, otherwise it will be a color blunder.
- While using horizontal patterns, make sure that your cabinets do not have a rough exterior texture.
Let the brass make the jazz
This goodie comes all the way from the past. Copper has been used since ages and also has some health benefits for that matter. During the nineties this metal was replaced by steel and nickel fixtures.
But now this blast from the past is changing kitchen cabinets again. The satin-finish copper fixtures are running the kitchen in style. These fixtures are not only giving your kitchen a nice golden touch but also keeping it healthy. According to ancient medicine theory, copper metals are said to be germ repellent and good for a family with children.
Some useful tips:
- Buy copper fixings from authorized retailers and verify the metal. Some retailers sell fake copper fixings.
- Synchronize the color of the wall and the cabinet and use colors that go well with the fitting.
- Try monochromatic textures and avoid multi-colored cabinets.
On the top tip:
- You can also accessorize your kitchen with copper utensils.
Raw wood textured cabinet doors
These doors hit the interior design world with a bang. These doors were rediscovered by modern mountain life bloggers and have been in use ever since.
This makeover is not only budget friendly but also provides a vintage look. If you like old things, this kitchen cabinet a door will reflect your style effortlessly. Keep the doors rough and rough; you can give it a rustic touch by adding a rusty colored iron device.
This is a do it yourself project with minimal tools. All you need is rough wood, use reclaimed wood if the budget is tight. Try to buy vintage fixtures that complement the texture of the cabinet. Simplicity is the key to elegance.
- Do not apply paint colors instead keep it raw.
- Polish the wooden cabinet; you can also seek professional help if needed.
- You can apply a thin coat of color on the attachment but make sure to sync it with the overall look.
- The wall color should be monochromatic.
Add shelves to the cabinet door
If your kitchen is small, then adding some extra shelves will help to solve the space crisis. Your kitchen should have enough space to store all the appliances and necessities.
Try to attach a wooden stick and a shelf with the help of nails and drills. The space crisis is the most common difficulties of small kitchens. Accessorize the extra space by carving or sticking colorful sheets on it.
- To make things free, you can use things found in your own home.
- You can also use hard cardboard and soft wood for this addition.
The kitchen is the most important space in the house because this place consumes a lot of your time if you love cooking. Modular kitchen cabinets they are the new fashion staple that is becoming an essential piece in every home.
Try these DIY’s and embrace creativity to give a unique touch to your kitchen.
Author bio: Jane Orta is a writer and content developer at Adecenthome.com, passionate about sharing amazing and useful information with people in multiple niches. He likes to write on multiple topics like Home Improvement, Kitchen, Food, and Outdoor Travel etc.