5-Ingredient Fresh Strawberry Jelly-Free Pie is the easiest and most delicious recipe. Perfect for Mother’s Day, Memorial Day or all summer long. This strawberry pie filling is gluten-free and ready in just 10 minutes, then chill the pie and devour!
- 1 whole Store-bought pie crust
- 6 cups Fresh strawberries, quartered (measure after chopping)
- ¼ cups Cornstarch
- ½ cups Sugar
- Pinch of salt
Bake pie crust according to package directions. Let cool while you prepare the filling.
In a large bowl, toss strawberries, cornstarch, sugar and salt to coat well.
Transfer the strawberry mixture to a large nonstick skillet and reduce the heat to medium. Let the berries warm up and release some liquid, stirring every minute or so. Once combined and bubbly, turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool and thicken for about 5 minutes.
Transfer strawberry mixture to prepared pie crust and chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight until firm. Carefully slice and serve!
Or, like, eat the whole thing yourself for safety’s sake.
• Make your own pie crust if you like that sort of thing! Use an 8-inch pie plate or add an extra cup or two of strawberries for larger pie dishes.
• I cut my berries into quarters, but you can cut yours in half or even leave them whole for a super nice presentation.
• The whipped cream, extra berries and fresh mint on top are amazing here!
• It is a slightly sweet pie. Add more sugar if desired, up to 1/3 cup more.