Among all parts for sale, aluminum parts comprise fifty percent or more. Aluminum, which is light in weight and has excellent heat conduction capabilities (second only to copper), is also cheaper due to its time and energy saving capabilities when it comes to for cooking. Aluminum cookware allows the supplied heat to be distributed quickly from the bottom of the aluminum pot to its sides until the food is evenly coated. This uniform distribution of heat ensures that the food does not burn or burn. Particular of aluminum is ideal for gas stoves, electric stoves, and even works well on ceramic cook tops. Since aluminum’s sensitivity to heat is high, aluminum cookware can be ideally used for frying and braising.
Some popular aluminum appliance manufacturers are Calphalon, Berndes, Circulon, Swiss Diamond, Cuisinart and Anolon. Aluminum cookware comes in the widest range and serves various cooking purposes like frying, sautéing, grilling, roasting and boiling. Aluminum fry boroms, saté pans, casseroles, steam cookers, pots and simmering pots are some of the aluminum cooking items used regularly.
Tips for buying aluminum parts
One of the main concerns with aluminum is that it reacts with food. It can react to form aluminum salts when it comes into contact with acidic foods or foods that are salty, and enter the system. In addition, it is a soft metal and easily scratched and dented. Aluminum toxicity is a cause of great concern among many. Therefore the companies that manufacture aluminum kitchenware cover them with a non-stick coating, or harden them through an electrical process in order to make them chemically stable, scratch-proof and non-toxic.
For example, utensils made by Berndes, a leading producer of world-class aluminum cookware sets, use a high-quality alloy that is subjected to a process called vacuum-casting. The multiple layers of non-stick coating remain intact so that food does not come into contact with the aluminum. In addition, food does not stick or burn, making the cleaning process easy.
Anodized utensils are the other type of non-toxic aluminum parts available. Similar to simple aluminum, this type of particular object is highly conductive but does not react with acidic foods, making the food safe without changing its taste.
The other benefits of anodized aluminum are:
- Healthy – can be used with little or no fat.
- Durable, anti-scratch and easy to clean.
- It cannot be dented like plain aluminum.
- It prevents food from sticking and burning.
Some final suggestions
1. For best results with particular aluminum items, you must always follow the manufacturer’s guidelines. As suggested by many manufacturers, aluminum utensils should be hand washed as they may not be dishwasher safe. Also other metal utensils should not be used with them.
2. It is important to choose aluminum utensils with the right thickness. Thicker aluminum vessels have greater conduction and distribution capabilities, thus improve the cooking process and save time and fuel energy.
3. If your cooking style involves directly transferring the utensil to the oven after using it on the stove, you can go for aluminum cookware intended for the oven. Such utensils can withstand high temperatures and save you the trouble of transferring hot food to another oven-safe utensil.
4. Many utensils carry a lifetime warranty that protects you against any manufacturing defects and also against chipping and peeling, as long as you stick to the manufacturing guidelines.
5. The type of handles selected need special mention. You must always inspect the handles to make sure they are not made of plastic, or are attached to the pans with the help of screws. These handles can be distributed or shaken. Handles and knobs that stay cool on hot vessels, and that are ergonomically designed for a better grip should always be chosen. These must be firmly attached to the utensil by means of riveting or welding. Berndes manufactures rivetless handles which are extensions of the tools. Due to the lack of rivets, food does not stick to the inside.
6. Choose a metal or glass cap that fits snugly around the rim. The glass lids allow you to see the food as it is being cooked without losing heat in the form of steam.
7. Aluminum cutlery sets are cheaper than buying separate utensils, and can be an economical choice for large or small families. These can be sets of 6 pieces or 10 pieces. It is best to restrict yourself to buying only the utensils you need and not to unnecessarily buy the whole set because it comes cheaper.