Bamboo kitchen cabinets are synonymous with green and environmentally friendly. They are unique in their appearance and designs. They are different from other ordinary kitchen cabinets made of wood, metal and plastic. Bamboo cabinets provide a kitchen an extraordinary look, an ultra-modern hip touch that you will not get even in expensive kitchen cabinets. And now people are accepting bamboo kitchen cabinets like other furniture made of bamboo in their homes because of the many advantages they offer.
Advantages of bamboo kitchen cabinets
- Strong and durable – Bamboo kitchen cabinets are strong and durable as bamboo is harder than many woods such as walnut and oak. Cabinets made from bamboo will also not bend and shrink with any changes in weather and offer better dimensional stability than cabinets made from other traditional hardwood products. In kitchen cabinets made of bamboo, the general equipment, including doors and drawers, will also not degrade overtime. Bamboo kitchen cabinets can withstand water, sun and daily use.
- Unique aesthetic appeal – Bamboo kitchen cabinets offer a naturally hip look to a kitchen. They look attractive with ultra-modern and high-tech kitchen appliances such as stainless steel refrigerators and a micro oven. They also enhance the appeal of classic kitchen appliances such as antique dishes and kitchen furniture. Bamboo kitchen cabinets go well with all types of kitchen furniture as well. And if your kitchen has other bamboo furniture, then bamboo kitchen cabinets are perfect.
- Eco-friendly – Bamboo kitchen cabinets are natural and environmentally friendly. They do not exhume any toxic chemicals that are harmful to your health. There will be no plastic shell or glass particles or any harmful substance if you have bamboo kitchen cabinetry in your home.
- A better alternative to particle board and other hardwoods – Kitchen cabinets made of bamboo are undoubtedly better than cabinets made of particle board and many other wooden cabinets. Whatever the colors of your kitchen walls and tiles, bamboo kitchen cabinets go well with all types of kitchen background.
- Multipurpose use – Bamboo kitchen cabinets can be used as indoor as well as outdoor cabinets. If you have a cottage kitchen or a beach side kitchen, bamboo kitchen cabinets will be a good choice. They are also easy to install and easy to move because they are light in weight.
- Easy for maintenance – Bamboo kitchen cabinets are easy to maintain. You can wash them regularly with water or a mild detergent solution regularly. They do not need any special cleaning chemicals.
How to choose bamboo kitchen cabinets
1. Look for quality material – While buying bamboo kitchen cabinets it is important to check that the bamboo is suitable and strong enough to be used in the cabinets. The bamboo used in kitchen cabinets can be sub-standard. Various grades of bamboo are available in the market, so take the time to choose better types of bamboo. You can ask the cabinet maker to check where the bamboo comes from and how it has been processed to ensure you buy quality bamboo kitchen cabinets. Some bamboo kitchen cabinets may be made of laminated bamboo plywood and that is not the right kind.
2. Check the adhesive and finishes used – Find out from the manufacturers or stores about the finishes and adhesives used in the bamboo used in the kitchen cabinets you are buying. Go for those that use low or no formaldehyde. The color of the bamboo varies and depends on the types of finishing. Also the color of the bamboo varies according to the variety and the place where the bamboo grew.
3. The budget is also important – Bamboo cabinets will be cheaper compared to other kitchen cabinets made in other woods such as oak, maple and birch. However, whatever the cost, look at your budget and get one that meets your needs.
Spend some time on the Internet browsing the websites to know more about bamboo kitchen cabinets. See the pictures available on the websites and compare them, you will get better ones for your sweet home.