Add blood-boosting nutrition to the classic side dish of macaroni salad this Memorial Day, complete with beets!
- 8 ounces, weight Macaroni Pasta
- 8 ounces, weight Beets, pre-peeled and steamed
- ½ cups Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ cups Red onion, finely diced
- ½ cups Celery, finely diced
- ¼ cups Green olives, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dill, fresh, coarsely chopped
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Pepper
Boil macaroni pasta according to package directions
In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, lemon juice, red onion, celery, green olives, parsley, salt, pepper, and beet juice from Melissa’s steamed beet packet.
When the pasta is tender, drain it in a colander and add it to a large bowl. Add Melissa’s quartered steamed beets and mayonnaise mixture. Mix well to combine. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours. Serve as fresh.