This moist and super easy to make Almond and Blackberry Cake is a perfect ending to any dinner party.
- 1 cup Dry roasted unsalted almonds
- ¼ cups Unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 cup Sweet House Butter Tepmertaure
- ¾ cups Granulated sugar, plus 1 teaspoon for garnish
- 3 Eggs at room temperature
- ⅓ cups Sour cream
- ½ Lemon, zested
- 1 tbsp Dried lavender, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoons Almond extract
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen blackberries
- ½ cups Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Confectioner’s sugar, for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter or spray a springform pan or 9-inch cake pan with coconut oil and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a food processor, coarsely chop the almonds. Transfer 1/4 cup almonds to a small bowl and toss with 1 tsp sugar and set aside.
Add the coconut, flour, baking powder and salt to the food processor. Mix until the remaining almonds are finely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
In a food processor, cream the butter with 3/4 cup of sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing each well. Add sour cream, lemon zest, lavender and extracts.
Add half of the reserved flour and almond mixture and pulse to combine. Add the rest of the flour and pulse until smooth. Scrape into prepared pan and place fruit on top in a single layer. Sprinkle almond sugar on top of the cake.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool cake before removing from pan. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.