This broccoli salad is a delicious and light side dish for any meal or gathering. A wonderful balance of crunch, sweet and salty, it’s the perfect make-ahead dish.
- 1 pound Broccoli
- 7 bands Bacon
- ¾ cups Green onions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons White vinegar
- ⅓ cups Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Black pepper
Wash the broccoli thoroughly and cut the florets into small pieces.
Cook the bacon. Let cool completely and crumble into pieces.
Finely chop the green onions and set aside. Grate the cheddar cheese and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, green onions, bacon bits and shredded cheese. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until well blended.
Pour it dressing over broccoli mixture and stir until well blended. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
• Wait until your bacon is completely cool before crumble it. If still hot, it can melt the cheese.
• If you want to make this recipe even easier, you can use pre-cooked bacon or pre-cooked bacon bits and pre-shredded cheese.
• Want to make this dish vegetarian? Just forget the bacon!
• Broccoli slaw keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days.