This delicious cabbage roll soup takes everything you love about cabbage rolls and puts into an easy soup. This hearty soup for the whole family is full of flavor and packed with wholesome ingredients.
- 1 pound Ground Pork Sausage (I use Jimmy Dean All Natural)
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 head (small) green cabbage, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves (Coarse) Garlic, minced
- 1 box (14 1/2 oz. size) Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 8 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning (more or less to taste)
- ¼ cups Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cups Uncooked long grain white rice
In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, brown the sausages, draining off any excess fat. When almost browned, add the onions and cabbage and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring several times.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add fire-roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, Cajun seasoning, tomato paste, brown sugar and rice.
Bring to a low boil. Lower to simmer and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the rice is tender.