The country kitchen or the rustic kitchen is not for the working woman who comes home from work and cooks something! It is designed for today’s homemaker. The design of the country kitchen is sure to inspire her and her culinary skills to prepare some delicious meals for the whole family. But, don’t worry that the rustic kitchen design will be simple and lacking any style. Nowadays, even huge luxury mansions choose a rustic kitchen design to add that touch of tradition and laidback country lifestyle to the otherwise hectic pace.
If you are also thinking of implementing a country kitchen design, here are a few ideas to help you get started:
1. To give the kitchen a rustic country feel, use natural stone tiles for the floor. This gives the floor a dry look… and for more authenticity use tiles of different sizes.
2. The most important element in rustic kitchen design is the color scheme. When going for a country kitchen design, remember to use soft and muted shades for the units eg. you can go for shades like sage green, mushroom, cream, light gray etc.
3. You can also use a combination of wall units to add an interesting twist to your small kitchen space. This combination also makes the space appear bigger and bigger than it really is.
4. You can add some appliances made of stainless steel to bring a fusion of the city and the country kitchen design. Also, you can add black wall units and a mix of black and white tiles to give a modern twist to a rustic kitchen design.
5. An ideal element that goes well with the whole country kitchen design is an open front display unit! This will also help you to show off your entire collection of most prized pottery!
6. You can also use free standing furniture… not only does it give a relaxed feeling, it is quite easy to move when you are changing the house!
7. A typical element of country kitchen design is the traditional countertops made of wood. However, if you want to add a twist, you can replace the wooden countertop with one made of granite!
8. You can also put a large chimney that adds to the whole rustic sound of the kitchen.
9. Also, some of the elements that are essential in any rustic kitchen design are – lace curtains, natural wood, pottery, terracotta pottery, porcelain pottery, rugs etc.
10. While implementing all these country kitchen design ideas, don’t forget the practicality and functionality of the appliances you are placing. For example, always place the sink next to the microwave.
11. Be careful not to overcrowd the kitchen…don’t fill it with rows of crockery, shelves full of crockery and wooden furniture! Carefully consider the available space in the kitchen before filling.
12. Fresh flowers or houseplants add color as well as freshness to your kitchen space.
Now, you can also convert your kitchen into one straight from France. All you need is simple French country kitchen design tips and ideas. However, before you start renovating or creating, you must remember that a typical French country kitchen does not have all the amenities that are available today… so you must decide how you can use this modern appliance in a traditional way!
As in any other country kitchen design, the color scheme also plays an important part in the design of the French country kitchen. The colors you should use are warm colors like white, butter yellow, mustard, gold, sky blue and other such natural shades with wooden beams and posts. You can also use natural terracotta flooring, stone and brick to add that authentic touch to the French country kitchen design.
In previous times, the kitchen was not just a place to cook food… it was an area where friends and family would get together to enjoy some precious moments together, a social meeting place where they not only enjoy delicious treats but also some nice company of them. loved ones If you want to bring that same atmosphere to your current kitchen space, just follow these simple country kitchen design ideas and transform your kitchen into heaven!
Here is a software that will also help you realize your country kitchen design.