Creamy Dill Pickle Soup combines grated dill pickles with potatoes, onions, celery, carrots and garlic in a perfectly seasoned creamy broth. Family and friends love this most unusual soup.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 rods Celery, chopped
- 3 Carrots peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon Ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Dill
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 6 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup Finely grated dill pickles
- 1-½ pound Yukon Gold Potatoes Cut Into Small Cubes
- ½ cups Whipped cream
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven or heavy pot. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring several times. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric, pepper and dill. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle with flour, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in chicken broth, pickles and potatoes, cook about 15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Stir in the cream. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the soup is hot. Serve quickly.