This Creamy Chicken White Chili is one of the best winter recipes. It’s super delicious and easy, only takes 35 minutes to make, and you can cook it in an Instant Pot, slow cooker, or on the stovetop.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Small yellow onion, diced
- 1 Medium carrot, finely diced
- 2 rods Finely chopped celery
- 2 cloves Finely chopped garlic
- 1-½ tsp Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved or quartered for faster cooking
- 1 box (4 1/2 oz size) diced green chiles
- 4 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (size 15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven (see note) over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and all the spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the chicken, green peppers, broth and cover with the lid. Once the soup begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 18 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
Meanwhile, using a fork, mash half of the beans and set aside. The remaining beans will be left whole to give texture to the soup.
Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the pan and stir in the whole beans, bean puree and corn. Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes and allow all the flavors to blend nicely. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream cheese, lime juice and cilantro.
Ladle chili into bowls. Add the toppings of your choice and enjoy hot!