This curried cauliflower soup only takes 30 minutes to prepare. This is a super easy, vegan, Whole30 paleo recipe.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 piece (2 inches long) ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp curry mix
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste or harissa paste
- 1 head (about 2 lb size) Cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 cups Low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 box (approx. 13 oz. size) coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper, to your taste
- 1 Red chile, sliced for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime slices, to garnish
Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, curry and harissa or curry paste. Cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add the cauliflower and broth and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
Stir in the coconut milk, then remove from the heat. Using a hand blender, blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Sprinkle with chilli, chopped fresh cilantro and garnish with a few slices of lime. This soup is best served hot.