Custom kitchen cabinets are cabinets that are created keeping in mind the design, space and specifications of your kitchen. With these cabinets you are assured of maximum spatial utility as well as maximum effectiveness. Custom kitchen cabinets are indeed the best solution to make the most of what you have.
Who wouldn’t want to design their kitchen cabinets? It is a luxury that few can afford, but so many seem superior; they match the special dimensions of the individual kitchen, and have a few extras that make them even better. Custom kitchen cabinets make the most of your home environment.
If you want something special, you have a playing field full of colors, shapes, materials, finishes and styles, you name it. It’s almost too much to pick. Then you can have the luxury of having an established contractor come and hang your custom kitchen cabinets for you. This is a a great way to go if you want your kitchen to reflect your personality.
With your custom kitchen cabinets you get a guarantee, which is always reassuring. The warranty is in place because the manufacturer is proud of what they produce and they are ready to respond to any problem. They know that unhappy customers really talk. Regular stock kitchen cabinets, regardless of their materials, rarely have a warranty. Most of them are made from products such as pressed wood (also known as particle board or fiberboard) which simply do not last. Hardwood, on the other hand, will be there for generations.
Another pleasure of handmade cabinets is that there is no one that is exactly like them. Custom kitchen cabinets show your taste and respect for fine workmanship. They are all yours, and yours alone.
Sometimes you need to match kitchen cabinets that you already have hanging. Custom cabinets are the best option for this. It would be nearly impossible to find a match at a yard sale.
You can rest easy knowing that when you buy custom kitchen cabinets, you have the best of the best. Everyone wants them. The thing that makes you rationalize this expenditure is that they are worth every penny you put into them. If you plan to sell your home in the future, you will be able to raise your price to match the special uniqueness of your home.
Buying tips for custom kitchen cabinets
1. So many people have buyer’s remorse when they spend a lot of money on themselves. You don’t have to have it under these circumstances. People need to make priorities when they start working on their homes. Some people want the most beautiful mosaic floor they can buy, and some people want stunning cabinetwork. The decision usually comes down to the lifestyle of the family that is living there.
2. Keep your ears open when you hear a conversation about local custom cabinet makers. Some are excellent and make the transition clean and easy. The others, often in the majority, do not have the background or the ability to install something this exceptional. Get references before you hire someone. Here are some tips on hiring kitchen remodeling contractors.
3. Every little thing you add to your new custom kitchen cabinets will raise the price. Bins, boxes, Lazy Susans, beautiful handles and knobs and just all the intricacy of the work will make it more expensive. Make sure that when you decide to sign the bottom line, you know exactly what colors, textures and extras you need to make you happy.
4. Look through interior design magazines and visit furniture stores to get ideas. You can even try using kitchen cabinet design software.
5. Always choose hardwood for your custom kitchen cabinets. Here are some examples of hardwood: walnut, mahogany, oak, hickory, cherry and maple. They are durable and will last years longer than those made from soft wood.
6. If you feel overwhelmed by the cost you just accrued, you can have your custom kitchen cabinets delivered unfinished. You can finish and/or paint them yourself, and if you’re handy, you can also install them.
Maintenance of custom kitchen cabinets
Follow all maintenance instructions for your custom kitchen cabinets. Beautiful things require care and respect.
To clean your cabinets, you can use warm water, a soft cloth and mild soap. Never use chemicals or acetone.
Do not leave any water sitting on the wood as it can damage your finish. In between washes, dust and polish them when you are doing the rest of your furniture. If you do this, your custom kitchen cabinets will look spectacular for many years.