Doritos Taco Salad is a delicious combination of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, black beans, corn, black olives, seasoned ground beef and crispy Doritos in a lightly spiced ranch dressing.
- FOR SCREWING:
- ½ cups Ranch dressing (I use Marzetti Simply Ranch)
- ¼ cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Adobo sauce (see Notes)
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¾ cups Water
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- ½ Green pepper, chopped
- ½ cups Chopped black olives
- 1 Large tomato, chopped
- 1 box (15 1/4 oz size) corn, drained
- 1 (size 15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Shredded Jack Cheddar Cheese Blend
- 2 cups Nacho Flavor Crushed Doritos
In a small bowl, whisk ranch dressing, salsa, mayonnaise and adobo sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain the excess fat. Add taco seasoning and water. Let simmer 5 to 7 minutes. Let the beef cool for 10 to 15 minutes before adding it to the salad.
In a large serving bowl, add the iceberg lettuce. Top with green pepper, black olives, tomato, corn, black beans, cheddar jack cheese and seasoned cooked beef. Just before serving, add the crushed Doritos and dressing. Mix to coat.
• I get my adobo sauce from a box of chipotle peppers wrapped in adobo sauce. I save the leftover peppers and sauce for other recipes. They should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be found in the Hispanic food section of your grocery store.
• You can replace the adobo sauce with 1 to 2 pinches of cayenne pepper.