This Spanish gazpacho recipe is bursting with flavors of sun-ripened tomatoes, cucumber, sweet red pepper, garlic, jalapeno, and a perfect blend of mouth-watering spices and herbs. This cold soup is one of my favorites because it’s literally packed with flavor and so easy to make.
- 4 Large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ Small onion, chopped
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 Small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Jalapeño, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco-sauce
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-½ tsp Cumin powder
- ⅛ teaspoons Ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Fresh basil, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoons Dried marjoram
In a large bowl, gently combine the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, red pepper, garlic, jalapeño pepper, salt, pepper, Tabasco sauce, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, cayenne pepper, basil and marjoram.
Run 3/4 of the mixture through a food processor on high power until finely pureed. Then combine the finely pureed mixture and the reserved chopped vegetables in an airtight container. Refrigerate and refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.