These Grilled Vegetables combine peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, onions and asparagus grilled to perfection and drizzled with a balsamic reduction sauce. It’s the perfect light and healthy lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dear
- 2 Medium sweet onions, halved
- 1 Zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 Yellow squash cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Fine salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon Fresh ground pepper, divided
- ½ Yellow bell pepper, quartered
- ½ Orange bell pepper, quartered
- ½ Red bell pepper, cut into wedges
- ½ pound Asparagus
Preheat grill to 475ºF.
Whisk balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
Add onions, zucchini and squash to a large Ziploc bag. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper. Shake to coat. Remove to plate. Add the peppers and asparagus to the Ziploc bag. Add the remaining olive oil, salt, garlic powder and freshly ground pepper.
Place the vegetables on the grill. Turn after about 4 minutes or after slightly charring around the edges. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill and drizzle with reduced balsamic sauce.
Note: Stagger the removal of vegetables from the grill. Peppers are usually cooked first, followed by asparagus, zucchini and yellow squash. Onions may need an additional minute.