This is the perfect make-ahead breakfast! Today I bring you a fantastic recipe for healthy bacon muffins. They’re gluten-free, high in protein, low in calories, low in carbs, and they’re perfect for kids.
- ½ cups Coconut Flour
- ¼ cups Almond powder
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cups Vegetable oil (plus extra for frying the bacon)
- ¾ cups Unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ ounce, weight Fresh Chopped Chives
- 5-⅓ ounces, weight Finely Chopped Bacon (defatted)
- ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ounce, weight Cheddar Cheese
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees F)
2. Preheat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add your EXTRA vegetable oil (about ½ tablespoon) then add your chopped bacon.
3. Fry the bacon for 3-5 minutes and stir every minute or 2, until the bacon is crispy. Then transfer the bacon to paper towel to drain.
4. Fill each hole in a 12 cup muffin pan with paper muffin cups. Then spray the inside of each muffin cup with cooking spray.
5. Combine your coconut flour and almond flour in a large bowl.
6. Then whisk your eggs, vegetable oil, almond milk, chives, bacon and cheddar cheese in another bowl.
7. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until well blended and lump free.
8. Fill each muffin cup a little more than half full with your muffin batter. Then bake the muffins in your preheated oven for 30 minutes.
9. Once the muffins are baked, let them cool and then store them for breakfast.