It’s herbal, it’s creamy, it’s tasty, and it’s all about new potatoes. It should be a herbed potato salad with a healthy whip of house salad cream. It might take a little longer than squeezing sauce out of a bottle, but I promise it’s worth it.
- 2-¼ pounds new potatoes
- 1-¼ tsp Fine salt
- ⅓ cups Heavy cream (double cream)
- ⅓ cups Sour cream (sour cream)
- 2 Hard-boiled egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Dear
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1-½ tsp Mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoons White pepper
- 5 Green onions (spring onions), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Fresh chives, finely chopped
In a pot of boiling water, cook the new potatoes with 1 teaspoon of salt over medium-high heat, for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are softened but still firm. Once cooked, drain and let cool, letting the steam evaporate. Once cooled, transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, prepare the salad cream. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy cream (double cream), sour cream (sour cream), hard-boiled egg yolks, honey, lemon juice, mustard powder, cider vinegar apple, turmeric, white pepper and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Whisk until the sauce is smooth and begins to thicken.
Once the potatoes have cooled, pour the cream of salad over them and stir gently with a spoon until the potatoes are well coated. Then, mix the green onions (spring onions), parsley, mint, dill and chives. Serve and enjoy!