‘Hygge’ refers to a quality of cozy comfort and cosiness that engenders a sense of contentment or well-being (considered a defining characteristic of Danish culture). How hygge is as personal as you are, and I love adding this hot chocolate to my own hygge experience. Lavender, orange, chocolate, whipped cream, cognac… and a bubble bath doesn’t hurt either. Let it snow!
- 4 tablespoons Homemade hot cocoa mix
- 1 cup Hot milk, hot water or a combination of both (I prefer whole milk)
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 2 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 1 drop Lavender Essential Oil
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Chai Latte powder, for sprinkling
Add 4-5 tablespoons of homemade hot cocoa mix to a heatproof mug. Add boiling water, milk or a combination of water and milk (I only use hot whole milk at night as it makes me sleepy!). Whisk until all the powder is dissolved.
Add the cognac and whisk, then add the essential oils and whisk again. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with chai latte powder.
Bring your Orange Lavender Hot Cocoa to the bubble bath and relax!