Having IKEA kitchen cabinets in your home can be a perfect idea. IKEA kitchen cabinets are available in a wide range of designs and styles. They are affordable in the sense that the prices are reasonable compared to other kitchen cabinets. They are also of good quality and reliable. IKEA kitchen cabinets are flat packed and easy to carry. They are also easy to assemble and do not require any special tools.
The cost of IKEA kitchen cabinets
You can get IKEA kitchen cabinets in a wide range of prices to suit your budget. The cost of IKEA kitchen cabinets varies according to their materials, size and designs. You can search and view IKEA kitchen cabinets on the website as well. You can compare the prices and the different features that the cabinets have.
IKEA kitchen cabinet fitting
Assembling IKEA kitchen cabinets is very easy and does not require any special tools. However, stores offer assembly services. An insured IKEA cabinet installer will charge a certain amount of money for each cabinet. IKEA certified kitchen installers come to your home and install IKEA kitchen cabinets. Please check the rates while using the services.
If you are assembling the IKEA kitchen cabinets yourself, first read the instruction manual that comes with the IKEA cabinets. Then organize a place where you have enough space to work, but plan to collect the cabinets close to your kitchen so that you can move your cabinets in your kitchen easily.
Every IKEA cabinet will have some simple tools that may be needed for assembly. Follow the instructions printed on the manual. Place the screws and cam locks according to the manual and use a large screwdriver to lock the cams. After assembling each cabinet, check again to make sure all cabinets are properly assembled. Then place the cabinet boxes in place according to the instructions. Finally, assemble the drawer fronts and doors and make adjustments.
Installation of IKEA kitchen cabinets
Installing IKEA kitchen cabinets also does not require any special expertise and you can install by yourself or with the help of your family/friends. But you can avail the services of a certified and insured kitchen cabinet installer. They come and install cabinets in your home. The services are affordable. Floor installation service is charged on a per square foot basis. Check the rate before availing the installation services.
IKEA kitchen cabinets buying advice
1. Before buying IKEA kitchen cabinets, know the measurements of your kitchen space. Draw a diagram of the height, width and depth of the space where you will place your cabinets. Do not take a rough idea of the measurements. Take the measurements of the kitchen space in millimeters for accuracy and do it twice to make sure the measurements you took are correct. Therefore look for cabinets that fit in your kitchen.
2. Do some research on the IKEA website to find out what types of IKEA kitchen cabinets are available and what they will cost. Compare the materials, styles and features and go for the cabinets that meet your requirements. IKEA kitchen cabinets are available in wood, metal and polymer. Check the quality of the hardware used in the cabinets.
3. Also, don’t assume that your kitchen appliances will fit in the new IKEA kitchen cabinets. Kitchen appliances vary in size and shape. So make sure your equipment will be accommodated in the cabinets you buy.
4. There are options in choosing the color of IKEA kitchen cabinets as well. There are kitchen cabinets in red, green, black, cream and many other colors. You can choose the color keeping in mind the color of the tiles and walls of your kitchen.
5. While buying the IKEA kitchen cabinet, know about the warranty and whether you can exchange the cabinets or not in case they are not good. Most stores allow exchanges if you are not satisfied with the kitchen cabinets you have purchased. A receipt is required for all returns and exchanges.