The kitchen is the heart of every home. It is important that the kitchen gives you a warm and welcoming feeling every time you enter. Kitchen cabinets give a lot of visual appeal and are very functional too. The color of the kitchen cabinet usually makes a big impact on how the kitchen looks. Depending on your decoration and all the other elements in the kitchen, you can choose a color that not only blends with the kitchen but also adds its own little touch to make the heart of your home more beautiful than that which is
Kitchen cabinet paint colors
1. A great way to personalize your kitchen is to make everything look part of a subtle theme. Look for inspiration from small things around you, something that you and your family really love. Just because you like tomatoes, don’t paint your cabinets red; Look to tomatoes for subtle colors that can be more neutral, something that will still be loosely based on your theme. You can go for light pink, light green, cream or even white. Don’t look at the surface of the objects for their theme, look straight into them and you will find exactly what you are looking for.
2. Painting a kitchen cabinet can take weeks and may require several coats of paint. It’s important to get the color right the first time, because there’s nothing as annoying as scrapping it for another color.
3. When looking for colors to paint your kitchen cabinets, choose something that is neutral. You may be bored with the way your kitchen looks and you may want to change a few things and the color of the kitchen cabinet should not get in the way. A neutral shade that blends with most types of kitchen would be the most suitable in this case.
4. If you are looking for some bright and strong colors… it would be a good idea not to get them painted on the cabinets. This is because there is usually more cabinet space than wall space in most kitchens and a bright color looks great. Use this bright color you have in mind on curtains, lights, and bowls or stamped here and there to give you the desired effect.
5. Also, keep looking for the most used kitchen cabinet colors. They are not popular for no reason so they are usually a good bet.
Kitchen cabinet stain colors
Staining your kitchen cabinets is another effective way to make your kitchen look better. You have to decide on the color of the stain and where you will stain the cabinets. Staining with more than one color adds depth and makes the cabinets stand out.
Choice of stain color
While choosing the color of the stain, make sure that the colors are in contrast with the cabinet and yet complement each other. You should keep note of the fact that the cabinet doors themselves are a particular color of wood and this can make an impact on the final color of the stain. It is usually a wise idea to take the cabinet door to the color store before settling on one color.
Stain color application technique
Once you have checked the color you want to apply, you need to decide where you want to apply it. If you have panel doors that are slightly raised, you can apply the darker color on the outer and rear frame of the cabinet doors. If you have one price of solid wood as the door of the cabinet, you can color this color darker and the rest of the cabinet can be made with the lighter shade. If you have a frame that has work on it such as carvings, stain them with a darker color and the rest (including the drawers) can be done with a lighter color.
Kitchen cabinet color is one of the simplest and most effective ways to make your kitchen look great.
What do you think about all this?
Do you have a suggestion or comment about choosing the right color for kitchen cabinets? Please share your thoughts with us by filling out the comment form at the bottom of the page.