Every kitchen has a hand mixer. And since the basic design and appearance are all the same, people often think that one hand mixer is the same as another. This is not true – all hand mixers have their own unique qualities. Let’s take a look at what the KitchenAid KHM9PWH Professional hand mixer has to offer and what makes it different from other brands and models.
First of all, the KitchenAid KHM9PWH is easy to use. One reason for this is that unlike most mixers that have handles parallel to their bodies; this ergonomically designed handle is curved towards the back. This makes gripping and maneuvering the unit very easy and reduces stress on the hands.
The KitchenAid KHM9PWH has 9 digitally controlled speed operations – the most of all KitchenAid hand mixers. The soft start option ensures that there is no sudden movement that can cause the batter to jump out of the mixing bowl. The first 3 slow speeds also ensure that there is no chance of the mixture splashing all over the countertop while the highest speed is more than enough to create the air volume you need for fluffy egg whites or whipped cream.
There is a digital display of the selected speed so you are always sure of what you are doing.
The motor is powerful, quiet and designed to last a long time.
The mixer comes with 2 standard stainless steel beaters and a stainless steel pro whisk attachment which is great for whipping really fluffy puddings, whipped cream and egg whites.
The mixer is very easy to clean. The smooth surface of the body has no grooves or seams to catch dirt. The same applies to the beaters and the cord is round and designed for easy wiping.
With dimensions of 6-2/5 ins. in height, 3-1/2 ins. in width and 7-1/2 ins. deep, the KitcheAid KHM9PWH does not take up much space. It is also designed to sit neatly on its edge when not in use to free up counter space.
With a plastic body and weighing about 3 lbs., the KitcheAid KHM9PWH is relatively light.
Is KitchenAid KHM9PWH Professional the mixer you’ve been looking for?
Now you know a little about the KitchenAid KHM9PWH Professional hand mixer and what it has to offer, let’s look at whether or not this is the right mixer for you.
- This mixer is perfect for small and medium sized jobs. But if your cooking involves making bread dough or mixing in large volumes, then you should go for a bigger stand mixer. Also if you have physical problems that can make it difficult to hold the mixer, a stand mixer would be a better choice. However, if these are not a concern, the KitcheAid KHM9PWH is light, mobile and easy to use for simple jobs.
- The mixer is ideal for normal kitchen tasks such as beating and beating and is great for making cakes, dough, fillings, cookies and almost any normal kitchen operation where mixing and beating is required.
- The mixer’s small size makes it perfect for small kitchens where counter space is limited.
- Left handed people may have a problem with the placement of the cord which can get in the way when the mixer is in use. This is something to think about when buying a mixer, although it often doesn’t pose any issues as such with most people.
- The KitchenAid KHM9PWH Professional hand mixer is a little more expensive than other comparable models, but given the features and convenience it offers, it’s definitely worth the price.
Let’s put it this way – the KitcheAid KHM9PWH is a great mixer for normal everyday use when cooking for small to medium sized families. But if you will be doing large volumes of heavy beating and mixing, a stand mixer will be a better choice for you. But even if you have a stand mixer, supplementing it with the KitcheAid KHM9PWH for smaller jobs saves both time and energy.
Always read the manufacturers’ operating and maintenance instructions carefully to get the best results from the mixer and to ensure that the one-year warranty is not voided by misuse of the unit.
Keep in mind that the KitchenAid KHM9PWH mixer makes a wonderful gift for anyone who spends time in the kitchen.
How to get the best price on a KitchenAid Professional hand mixer
When looking to buy, Amazon doesn’t just seem to have the best prices (sponsored link), their customer friendly policies make shopping from them a pleasure.