Layered Taco Salad is a gorgeous layered salad of romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, seasoned beef, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, black olives, scallions, and jalapenos with a simple cream sour and salsa dressing.
- 1-¼ pound Ground beef or ground turkey
- ¾ cups Water
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 head (small) iceberg lettuce, washed and chopped
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 box (size 15 1/4 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 box (15 1/4 oz size) corn, drained
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-½ cup Grape tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cups Sliced black olives
- ½ cups Chopped green onions
- 2 Jalapenos, thinly sliced
- FOR SCREWING:
- 1 cup Sour cream
- ¼ cups salsa
In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef (or turkey) and drain the fat. Add water and taco seasoning and simmer for 15 minutes.
For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa. Put aside.
Place half the lettuce in the trifle bowl. Top with black beans, then corn. Add the rest of the lettuce. Top with taco meat, then cheddar cheese. Smooth with sour cream and salsa mixture.
Add a ring of tomatoes on the outside, followed by a ring of black olives. Add scallions in the center and run the edge with jalapenos on the sides. If desired, serve with ranch dressing on the side.