This tasty meatball soup for the whole family is a cinch to make with frozen or fresh meatballs and a handful of fresh cut vegetables. It is lightly seasoned with Italian spices in a tasty beef tomato broth.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 Large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 rods Celery, chopped
- 1-½ cup Green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch segments
- 1-½ tsp Dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 6 cups Low sodium beef broth
- 1 box (Size 8 Oz) Tomato Sauce
- 1 box (14 1/2 oz. size) Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1-¼ pound Fresh Or Frozen Meatballs
- ¾ cups Mini Farfalle Pasta (ditalini, Acini De Pepe Or Orzo)
In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion, carrots, celery and green beans. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until slightly tender and fragrant.
Add parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour in the beef broth, tomato sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes and meatballs. Let simmer 7 to 10 minutes. Add the pasta and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve quickly.