Sweet and crispy artisan romaine topped with a pan-fried seafood salad containing shrimp, surimi and other goodies. A great summer meal option!
- 6 cups Artisanal Romaine hearts, torn
- 12 – 16 medium raw shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 6 ounces, weight Surimi legs (about 6), cut into large pieces
- 5 ounces, weight Onion, sliced ½ inch thick
- 2 Large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce, weight Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, blotted off excess oil and chopped
- 3 tablespoons Quality extra virgin olive oil, or to taste
- 1 Lemon, juice (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Start by dividing the torn lettuce leaves evenly between two entrée-sized salad bowls.
Then heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half the olive oil, prawns, garlic and onion, making sure the prawns are in a single layer and in direct contact with the bottom of the pan.
Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Cook for a minute, then flip the shrimp and mix in the onion and garlic.
Cook for another minute, then add the chopped sun-dried tomato. Stir to distribute.
Cook for a minute, then add the surimi. Stir to distribute.
Cook for another minute to heat through, then add the remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
Stir to distribute. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
Finally, spoon the toppings evenly into the two prepared bowls of lettuce. Using a silicone spatula, transfer all the cooking juices into the bowls.