A modern kitchen can make the work there more convenient and efficient. The implementation of a modern kitchen design is a very interesting task. Steel, laminates, wood, marble, granite, plastic… you can mix and match all these materials to create a contemporary kitchen design that will definitely give the kitchen a modern look and also make you work more in the kitchen!
You can start putting your modern kitchen design in order by buying some contemporary kitchen appliances … especially in stainless steel. These stylish appliances will make you want to use them and also add to the modern appeal of the kitchen. You can choose a cooking range, dishwasher, sink, microwave, utensils and chimney! You can also go for trendy countertops made of granite, concrete, marble, limestone and the like! They are not easy to install but are low on maintenance.
There are many options available for your kitchen cabinets that you can include in your modern kitchen design. The metal effect and white glossy cabinet doors will certainly add to your modern kitchen. Another element to add to your contemporary kitchen design is a sink… granite, steel, ceramic, stone, round, square, tiered, rectangular… you can choose from several options to create one that match the rest of your modern/contemporary kitchen theme.
Nowadays, any modern kitchen is incomplete without a kitchen island! They are also available in a variety of designs and materials. There are fixed islands as well as those that are mounted on wheels and can be moved, wherever you want, with ease. It serves many purposes… you can use it for storage, cooking, serving and also to install a sink or dishwasher!
If you are a little confused with all the modern kitchen designs available, here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Instead of fitting, choose a free style look. Go for free standing furniture. It will give the kitchen more space to breathe and this free style breaks the continuity of the fitted counters.
2. Go green! In this time of global warming, nothing speaks of contemporary kitchen design as environmentally friendly products! You can buy energy efficient dishwashers, or you can use natural rock to make your kitchen floor!
3. Another element that you can incorporate in the modern design of your kitchen is the use of organic forms. Deviate from straight lines and choose round shapes.
4. If you like Asian food, bring in Asian decor elements! Use bamboo and you can also choose a sliding pantry door, Japanese style!
5. A complete must-have in modern kitchen design is built-in. They are sleek, stylish and very convenient. Steamers and strainers, wine coolers, ice machines, coffee makers, spice holders and other such devices add convenience.
6. You can also use a lot of glass… glass tiles, glass cooktops, and on refrigerator and dishwasher doors! Mosaic glass fixtures also add a lot to the interior design of your modern kitchen.
7. Be bold and add a dash of color! Deviate from the usual nude shades like cream and green…go for blues and reds instead! However this is for the adventurous among you!
These ideas are just the tip of the iceberg… there are so many colors, materials, effects and styles to play with! You want to see what fits best with your idea of a modern kitchen. You can choose to feel Mexican and go for bright dark colors, or you can go for a French one … the choice is yours. What suits your idea of modern kitchen design is what you should choose for it. Be sure to include modern appliances and cabinets though… a modern kitchen wouldn’t be contemporary if it wasn’t equipped with all the style and convenience they have to offer! So, what are you waiting for, start renovating… happy decorating!
In the meantime, here is a software that will help you realize your modern kitchen design ideas.