A new kitchen design requires a lot of thought… there are so many things to take care of. The style, the look, the layout, the materials etc… this is just the beginning, there are many more details that you need to go into while designing that perfect kitchen for yourself.
Here are a few pointers to help you create a new kitchen design for your space
1. Size your kitchen. Make a note of how much space is available to you before you redesign your kitchen. Leave enough space to move and keep in mind the three areas of activity – the cooking area, the service area and the washing area. You need to dedicate enough space to these areas and also make room for the appliances that go with a particular space. For example a sink would be needed in the washing area and a cooking stove would be needed in the cooking area.
2. While preparing the kitchen layout make sure that the three most important appliances – the cooking range, the fridge and the sink they form a triangle. It is advisable to keep the cooking range in the middle.
3. Also, another thing to keep in mind is the door area or walkways. Make it wide in your new kitchen design as it will be easier to move appliances to and from the kitchen.
4. You can start with cupboards, cabinets and drawers. If you are on a budget then you can go for regular glossy doors in white. They are easy to maintain and are quite affordable. However, if you are willing to spend some cash then you can go for the sleek varieties that are available in the market. The last of them is a corner drawer that is very stylish, once installed, and helps to use the dead corner area.
5. Appliances make a kitchen; and in today’s day and age, stainless steel is the material of choice! Now, many companies are offering fingerprint proofing options as well.
6. For the field of work, there are many options to choose from. Light colors are a good choice but if you choose a pattern in your new kitchen design, then it will help to hide water marks or dirt stains.
7. Nowadays, sinks that you can put under the counter are all the rage. They are very smart and add to the style quotient of the kitchen, however they are quite expensive and you should only include it in your new kitchen design if you are ready to splurge.
8. A new trend that has emerged in recent times is to have a second, smaller kitchen that comes into use when the main one is occupied.
9. The most important aspect of a kitchen that people generally ignore while working on their new kitchen design is the aspect of ventilation. Be sure to put an exhaust fan in the kitchen.
10. Make use of natural light… make room for large windows in the new kitchen design that allows sunlight to enter. The room looked and smelled fresh the whole time.
11. While designing the kitchen, don’t forget about the floor. Make sure that the colors of the floor do not clash with that of the walls or those of the cabinets and drawers.
12. Make a list of all the essential appliances you intend to buy. Then therefore make arrangements for electrical outlets.
13. Instead of straight lines, go for rounded edges. This is the latest trend and it also saves you from getting hurt because of the sharp right angle edges!
14. If you have a large area, then think about accommodating an island in your new kitchen design. The placement of an island depends on the layout.
15. If you want to turn your old kitchen into a new one, then you can just replace the fronts of your cabinets, paint the whole area white and put new brass hinges, or do a whole job of resurfacing.
So, if you are planning to create a new kitchen from scratch or just want to renovate the old one, these tips and suggestions will help you to recreate the kitchen of your dreams.
Here is a software that will also help you in creating your new kitchen design.