Oak is one of the most solid and beautiful of all wood cabinet options, as well as one of the most durable. This is extremely important when it comes to the kitchen, as the cabinets in the kitchen are subject to extreme conditions such as water and steam, and of course continuous use. If properly sealed, oak kitchen cabinets will withstand all possible conditionsand yet retain their integrity.
Typically found in two natural colors, a reddish brown and a very light, almost white color, oak also tends to have a very distinctive grain pattern as well. Red oak cabinets are best used in kitchens that are trying for a warm and cozy feel while lighter white oak kitchen cabinets are great for making the room appear bigger and brighter than in the fact is
White oak kitchen cabinets are great for customization. They can be stained to match the interior of any kitchen – from country to traditional and contemporary kitchen styles, white oak cabinets are perfect. Also, as kitchen styles change, you can sand and stain your white oak cabinets a different color, giving it a completely different feel.
Due to its availability, oak is less expensive compared to other woods used for kitchen cabinets. In fact, for a little less than $ 3,000, you can set up an entire kitchen of 10 to 10. This is quite affordable considering the amount you have to pay for other types of wood. Oak kitchen cabinets are also very popular in the market, mainly because of its multiple benefits: robustness, versatility, durability and low cost.
Oak kitchen cabinets can last practically forever, so they are a great investment for your kitchen and home. The disadvantage for this option however is the fact that oak is not considered a sustainable material and is therefore not an ecological option at all. Oak cabinets can be made from reclaimed wood; however they are often created from trees that are cut down. Oak trees take a very long time to grow back so they do not replenish supplies quickly.
Tips for buying oak kitchen cabinets
1. Solid oak kitchen cabinets are recommended because of their durability and style, and also because they will raise the property value of your home. It should be noted that most MDF products which include engineered wood, particle board and fiber board that have oak veneer are not able to withstand the normal kitchen environment easily.
2. Pre-made oak kitchen cabinets are typically cheap, however if you have a kitchen that is an odd shape or a non-standard size you could be in trouble. In this case, you may have to go with the additional cost of a custom-made oak cabinet set so that they actually fit into the room correctly, look good and function as they should.
3. In addition to getting the right size for your oak kitchen cabinets, you should also make sure you get the right features and additions so that your kitchen is not just another room in the house yours, but one of your favorites. Some of the special touches you might consider adding to your oak kitchen cabinets include baskets or bins for additional storage and organization, rotating cabinets that allow you quick access to items, and pull out drawers that can more than double your space without taking up the floor. space. However, these additional features mean that the price of your oak kitchen cabinets will rise.
4. Another option to consider with your oak kitchen cabinets is ready to assemble. Not only will you save money, you will also save on shipping and handling fees as well. Oak kitchen cabinets that come in pieces rather than already made may suffer less damage in transit as well. You can save additional money by building and installing the RTA oak cabinets yourself. If you are not handy, however, you can have your cabinets installed by professionals and still be ahead.
5. Major manufacturers of wooden kitchen cabinets are Thomasville, Kraftmaid, Merillat and Aristokraft.
6. Make sure you choose an oak color that complements the overall look of your kitchen. Before finalizing a color, take a look at samples, to make sure you choose a color that suits your kitchen. Also, keep in mind that oak darkens over time.
We take care of your oak kitchen cabinets
Because it is so durable, you can have oak kitchen cabinets for practically forever. As your tastes and needs change, you can choose to paint or stain the cabinets to match new decor.
You should make sure that you are looking after and cleaning your oak kitchen cabinets properly, including washing them occasionally with warm water and a mild soap. Alternatively, you can simply wipe them with a damp cloth or a soft cloth and furniture polish.
Do not use too much water, and make sure all the water is completely dried or else it can damage the finish.
Avoid harsh liquids and chemicals while cleaning oak kitchen cabinets or there may be chances of discoloration.
It is best to follow the manufacturer’s specific instructions when it comes to caring for your oak kitchen cabinets.