Ready to assemble or RTA kitchen cabinets are almost always made of wood. They may be the answer for someone who likes custom cabinets but can’t afford it. These RTA’s save a lot of money how to do the assembly and hanging. The pain of paying for shipping is considerably less because the pieces fit in smaller boxes, which also don’t stretch as much in transit.
These RTA kitchen cabinets are quite simple to assemble. Everything is where it should be, and you may only need a screwdriver.
Advantages of buying RTA kitchen cabinets
- RTA kitchen cabinets they have a wide assortment of industry standard sizes.
- RTA kitchen cabinets almost always come with everything in them. This includes handles, shelf clips, frames, cabinet doors, drawers for base cabinets and cabinet boxes. Even the holes are drilled to specifications.
- RTA kitchen cabinets they come in a wide assortment of colors and finishes. Colors can be Honey Maple, Windsor Maple, Natural Oak, Marquise Cinnamon, Richmond, Autumn Shaker and Cherryville. These beautiful hardwood finishes look classic, and you don’t have to take out a loan to pay for them.
- Because you can do the work above, you can be proud of your work when you are done. It is very satisfying to improve your home.
RTA kitchen cabinets cost
The costs of RTA kitchen cabinets vary. This depends on various factors such as the complexity and degree of completion, finish and materials. Every little thing will cost a bit more so you have to prioritize if you don’t want to pay full price. Maybe you want crown molding or extra drawers. This will cost extra. In addition, ready to combine kitchen cabinets with features such as expensive hardware, baskets, bins, Lazy Susan will cost more. Maple and oak are moderately priced. The walnuts and cherries leave you behind a little.
Buying tips for RTA kitchen cabinets
1. When purchasing your RTA kitchen cabinets, keep in mind the decor and look of your kitchen. More importantly make sure you know the exact dimensions. There is a large number of choice when it comes to buying RTA cabinets. So whether you are looking for a lighter color ready to match the kitchen cabinets to brighten up the kitchen or a darker shade for a more traditional look, make sure they are available.
2. You can pick up RTA kitchen cabinets at major hardware stores like Home Depot, IKEA, Lowe’s. You have to look for those with solid wood frames and doors. It is OK to have plywood on the sides because plywood is strong. Dovetailing is always an advantage, but not always done. And you may want an easy to assemble cam lock set-up. These are the same things you find in high-end cabinetry so they can handle the heat and humidity generated by cooking. MDF products with particle board and similar will not give you years of enjoyment. Try to avoid them.
3. RTA solid wood kitchen cabinets are great because they are strong and last for many years, but they are also it raises the property value of your home.
4. While buying RTA kitchen cabinets, another thing to consider is whether you are going to choose hardwood or soft wood. It is advisable that for the kitchen cabinets, you choose hard wood. Oak, maple and other hardwoods offer longevity and durability.
5. Perhaps, the easiest to assemble cabinets are those that come with simple assembly instructions with all the pieces in one box.
6. If you are not comfortable or confident installing your RTA kitchen cabinets yourself, you can always consider having the contractor install them for you.
Maintenance tips for your RTA kitchen cabinets
As with everything, follow the manufacturer’s specifications on caring for your new cabinets.
Wash them with mild soap, a soft cloth and warm water. Be sure not to leave any water on the surface or it could damage the finish.
Sometimes, it is advisable to clean your modular cabinets with a trusted furniture polish.
Abrasive chemicals or any liquid containing acetone should be avoided at all costs as they can cause excessive damage and even discolour your cabinets.