This savory seven-layer salad is a real crowd pleaser with sun-ripened tomatoes, sugar snap peas, hard-boiled eggs, crispy bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. Prepare the six-ingredient salad dressing in just minutes and seal all those wonderful flavors together. This delicious layered salad is always a welcome dish.
- FOR SCREWING:
- 1-¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cups Sour cream
- 1-½ tsp Cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dear
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups Diced tomatoes
- 1-½ cup Frozen peas, thawed
- ⅓ cups Thinly sliced red onions
- 6 Hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups Grated sharp cheddar
- 6 slices Crispy cooked bacon
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
In a large clear bowl or trifle dish, place the iceberg lettuce (reserving about 2 cups), tomatoes, peas and onions. Place the sliced eggs on their sides. Use the extra eggs and reserved lettuce to hold them in place. Spread the dressing over top and smooth to seal. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
Just before serving, top with shredded cheese, bacon and green onions.