For those who believe in style with simplicity, Shaker style kitchen cabinets are the best bet.
The idea of the Shaker kitchen originated in the American colonies back in the 18th century, when people lived in self-sufficient communities and built houses with simple designs, which served a more functional purpose. Shaker cabinets refer to door-type cabinets and drawers with a recessed center panel. Based on the same principle, shaker kitchen cabinets came into fashion.
For all those who may be interested in making that kitchen area look more roomy and liberal, here is a quick guide to some of the important features that Shaker kitchen cabinets offer.
Features of Shaker style kitchen cabinets
1. Symmetry and subtle layout: Symmetry and function are the key words when it comes to describing a Shaker kitchen design. Shaker kitchen cabinets make use of the available kitchen area in the most efficient way, giving order and clutter-free arrangement of all kitchen items and accessories, so that one does not feel claustrophobic. With its subtle layout, it has an appeal for those who want everything in place and prefer an organized lifestyle.
2. Natural look means always in fashion: Shaker kitchen cabinets have a distinctive natural look. Just as if out of the woods, shaker style kitchen cabinets feel like a perfect piece of craftsmanship carved from wood. Unlike common kitchen cabinets, these are not decorated with any decorative beads or shapes, but are kept very straight and simple. Shaker kitchen cabinets are painted in natural shades and other vibrant shades that create an impression of a vast empty space. Door knobs and handles are mostly made of wood or brass and are kept simple so they never go out of style.
3. Solid with uniformity: Shaker kitchen cabinets are known for their strength, and can withstand excessive wear and tear resulting from daily household chores. Shaker style kitchen cabinets are mostly made from hardwoods that grow in the Northeastern regions of America; maple and cherry wood are the favorites. Mostly the cabinets are long and touch the ceiling. Shaker kitchen cabinet doors are made of a flat slab of wood with simple frames, straight lines to ensure uniformity in layout and design.
4. Use of space: Shaker kitchen cabinets make judicious use of available space, taking full advantage of the walls. Shaker kitchen cabinets are built-in cabinets that are innovatively designed, to make room for all the kitchen items starting from pans, woks, and cutlery to the garbage container, so that everything fits well in the selected shelves and nothing comes out or lies carelessly. on the kitchen counter. You can also choose wider cabinets and drawers, so that there is enough space for all modern day kitchen appliances. Such an arrangement makes the kitchen look neat and tidy.
5. Aesthetic appearance: Most of the Shaker kitchen cabinets are handcrafted by the craftsman, but the aesthetically minded people can try their hand and make them look more attractive.
6. Better arrangement in the kitchen area: If the kitchen area is large enough, there is enough space to set a small dining table in the center for a perfect family meal. However, if space is less, shaker style kitchen cabinets still allow you to arrange a few chairs near the kitchen counter.
7. Traditional and contemporary mix: For a classic and attractive atmosphere, light fixtures can be fitted together with the kitchen panel to create a soothing and gentle effect. The most striking feature of Shaker kitchen cabinets is that they are timeless and have a mix of traditional and contemporary – the reason why shaker style kitchen cabinets have never been out of fashion.
Shaker style kitchen cabinets come at a reasonable price, and with all the above features being part of the package, they are worth the one time investment you need to make to own them.
With space being a constraint in today’s homes, Shaker style kitchen cabinets are the best choice for people who appreciate elegance and country living. Therefore, if beauty in simplicity is your philosophy, shaker kitchen cabinets should be your choice for the kitchen.