A small kitchen design has a very distinct advantage, it’s all about what fits where! For some, this can also be a disadvantage as there is less scope for creativity. But, now, there are so many styles and looks to choose from, that even if you have a small kitchen space, you will have a lot of fun decorating the area according to your ideas.
To create an interesting small kitchen design, you basically need to work on three areas – that of storage, appliances and lighting. In a small kitchen, you need to work unique storage areas, choose those appliances that save space, and use natural light for cooking… and above all add your signature touches!
You can make use of these few tips to help you get started on how to create an efficient small kitchen design for your space:
1. Place a small island in the center. This island can be used as a work top, for storage purposes and also as a decorative element. You can also install a sink or dishwasher in the island. You can also use an island on two levels… one for cooking and one for serving food.
2. You can design your kitchen in the parallel layout. You can put the cabinets and place the device on either side of the row.
3. Now many space saving devices are available in the market. You can use them instead of the regular appliances in the design of your small kitchen. Some examples are – microwaves that can rest under cabinets or refrigerators that are less deep than regular ones.
4. If you want to incorporate a dining area in your small kitchen design, then you can fit a small round table with some chairs in a corner or you can also create a counter along a wall and place a few chairs.
5. The light of a kitchen can create wonders. With the proper lighting technique, you can even create an illusion of space. If you throw a little light under the cabinet or the counter, you can succeed in creating the image of a larger and pleasant space.
6. Another effective way to create more storage space is to install deep set counters. They increase the space you need for work as well as help you to store more devices than usual.
7. Another interesting idea that you can use in your small kitchen design is to place the floor tiles diagonally instead of horizontally.
8. You can also hang up all those pans and pots, which you use frequently, outside and use the cabinet space to store other items that are not needed regularly.
9. You can also use the back of the cabinet doors to hang miscellaneous items as well.
10. Also, it is advisable to use a large sink instead of a smaller one as the larger sink helps you in cleaning large utensils easily.
11. Whether it is a large or small kitchen design, it is important to give your special personal touch to the whole space… you can do this by placing some plants, hanging some family pictures or even framed paintings. .. whatever suits your personality and tastes.
12. Another small kitchen design idea is to add a mirror backsplash … this creates the appearance of a larger work area.
13. You can also install the sink and the cooking stove in the countertop.
14. Another way to create an illusion of a larger area is to use bright colors in your small kitchen design.
15. You can also use kitchen cabinets that can come in double stacks. This adds versatile storage space for utensils and other household items.
So, what are you waiting for… use these easy to do little kitchen design ideas and tips and start working on your kitchen area! And, don’t forget to add your personal signature twist to the whole design.