This quick and easy southern chili cheese takes less than 10 minutes to make and is a favorite appetizer for friends and family. Old cheddar, white cheddar, chili peppers and a handful of other common kitchen ingredients are added to a base of cream cheese mayonnaise to make one of the best dips ever known to man (or female).
- 8 ounces, weight Cream cheese
- ½ cups Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup White cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoons Dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon Ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Mirin (optional)
- 1 jar (4 oz size) diced chiles, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Add cheddar cheeses, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce and mirin (optional). Beat until blended.
Stir in the peppers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate up to 30 minutes before serving.
Note: mirin is a sweet sake and can be found in the Asian section of delicatessens. It adds a bit of sweetness.