With the help of kitchen mixers, together with their different attachments, you can make a variety of delicious food. For example, pastries, ice cream, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, sausages, etc.
Types of kitchen mixers
There are two types of kitchen mixer:
- Hand mixers (portable).
- Stand mixers (stationary).
Which type of mixer will work best for you depends on how often you use it and especially what you use it for. If you prepare meals frequently, using techniques that require the serious use of a mixer, stand kitchen mixers are the best choice.
Most stand mixers are equipped with a work bowl, a flat beater to beat basic ingredients (for example, batter for pancakes), a kneading hook (for example, for bread) and a wire whisk to beat the egg whites or cream.
You can also add different accessories to these kitchen mixers. You usually buy them separately and may include…
- citrus juicer.
- sausage stuffer.
- ice cream maker.
- food grinder (for meat, for example).
- pouring out a shield.
- extra mixing bowl…
The price of stand mixers can exceed $500, depending on their functionality and construction.
Features of kitchen stand mixers
1. Capacity: the mixing bowls of most stand mixers have a capacity of 4.5 to 7 quarts (5.1 to 8 l). The larger the capacity, the more cups of flour or dough you can work with at the same time.
2. Strength: the power of the mixer is measured in watts. The more watts of electricity your mixer uses during its operation, the more easily it will mix the ingredients. In addition, when the power is greater than about 300 watts there is a reduced probability that your mixer will be overloaded and burn out.
3. Number of speeds: the greater number of speeds of your mixer, the better control you will exercise on the beaten mixture. Usually, stand mixers have more speeds than hand mixers.
4. Movement: the beaters with some kitchen stand mixers not only rotate around their axis, but rotate around the inside of the bowl as well. Therefore, the ingredients are mixed with a precise consistency, and it is not necessary to scrape from the bowl.
5. Design: these are sturdy, metal kitchen mixers. It is possible, in some cases, to raise the hubs to get easier access to the bowl, to change the accessories or to clean the mixer.
The bowls are most frequently made of stainless steel or glass. Most of them have a handle plus a spout to help you work more comfortably.
Advantages of kitchen stand mixers compared to hand mixers
- stand mixers save time. It is not necessary to hold the mixer while it is working, so you are free to do some other work, for example, cleaning or cleaning the kitchen.
- with their various accessories, stand mixers are very versatile, allowing you to perform a greater range of tasks with them.
- stand mixers have greater power and strength; you can use them for more heavy-duty tasks or for a larger volume of work.
- stand mixers take up space. Because of their size and weight (some weigh more than 20 pounds (9.1 kg)) you may want to place your mixer on your kitchen countertop, so you want to make sure you leave enough room for it.
Click here for the best deals on stand mixers