This Strawberry Avocado Salad is topped with tangy feta cheese, crunchy pecans, creamy avocado and a savory Dijon dressing. It tastes like summer in a bowl and makes a quick, easy and colorful side dish or light lunch.
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- ½ cups Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Vinegar of your choice – balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon Chili flakes, or to taste (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 clove Garlic, pressed or minced (optional)
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 6 cups Fresh arugula or baby spinach – washed and patted dry
- 1 pint Strawberries – rinsed, hulled and halved
- ½ Small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cups Crumbled feta cheese
- ⅔ cups Coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 Ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
For the dressing, in a clean jar, add olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup or honey and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Close with the lid and shake vigorously to emulsify. Reserve until ready to serve.
Add the arugula (or baby spinach) to a large salad bowl.
Using a paring knife, remove the green bits from the strawberries and cut them in half. Thinly slice the red onion, then add it with the strawberries to the salad bowl.
Top the salad with crumbled feta cheese, chopped pecans and diced avocado. Pour as much dressing as desired over salad and toss gently until well coated.
Serve immediately and enjoy!