This bowl of cereal celebrates the best of summer’s bounty with plump blueberries, cherry tomatoes and sweet corn served with a vibrant lemon basil vinaigrette.
- 1 cup Cooked Pearl Barley
- 2 cups Fresh spinach or arugula
- ½ cups Fresh blueberries
- ½ cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cups Corn, fresh, raw
- ¼ cups Crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 cups Fresh basilic
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 whole Lemon, juice and zest
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
Cook barley according to package directions, drain well.
In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt. Pulse until just combined. Then, with the machine running, slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil until well blended.
In a large bowl, layer the spinach, barley, cherry tomatoes, corn and blueberries.
Garnish with crumbled goat cheese and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with lemon basil vinaigrette.