This Sweet Potato Salad with Avocado, Tomato, Onion, Lime and Cilantro is SO easy to make and is guaranteed to be a huge hit with any group! A vegan, gluten-free, Whole30 dish that can be served many ways, including as a salad, as a side dish, or as an appetizer dip with fries and crackers on the side. The recipe can easily be doubled for large crowds.
- 2 whole medium sweet potatoes, diced; About 4 cups or 550g
- 1 whole medium red onion, diced; About 2 cups or 250g
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 3 whole medium avocados, diced; About 3 cups or 400g
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered; About 1 1/2 cups or 255g
- ½ cups Freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 whole Lime, Juice
1. Preheat the oven to 425.
2. Place the diced sweet potatoes and onion on a baking sheet and drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil on top. Sprinkle salt over vegetables and toss until evenly coated. Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
3. Remove from oven and set aside until potatoes and onions have cooled completely.
4. Transfer the cooled onion and potato to a large bowl and add the diced avocado, halved tomatoes, cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice. Stir gently until everything is well mixed.
5. Serve as a salad or as a side to your main dish, or as an appetizer with fries and crackers.