A quick and easy Thai chicken soup with coconut milk that is warming and delicious.
- 1 Thai bird chili
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 15 grams Galangal, cut into strips
- ½ cups Straw mushrooms, quartered
- 1 stem Lemongrass, Cut And Crushed
- 3 whole Kaffir lime leaves, torn in half
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Chopped cilantro
- ¼ cups Spring onions, chopped
Slightly crush the chilli with the side of your knife.
Put the coconut milk, chicken, galangal, straw mushrooms, chilli, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil and simmer (do not boil) for 4-5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove from the heat and add the fish sauce and lime juice. Taste. Add more flavorings as needed. Serve garnished with coriander leaves and spring onions.