This is a guest post by Jamith. If you want to guest post on this blog, see the guidelines here.
A common piece of furniture found in different rooms in the house is the table. Whether it’s a center table, dressing table or dining table, it graces a living room, bedroom or dining room respectively. Whatever the table, functionality and space to display objects are its main features. All these furnitures definitely add to the functions of the house and in addition their chic designs and exquisite polish enhance the elegance in your home. Available in different materials and designs, these tables harmonize with the rest of the furniture in your home.
And when it comes to a dining table, people give more concern as it serves great functions and relaxations. To choose a dining table that makes a good style statement, one should pay better attention to creativity and comfort. Look at the shape and materials – oval, round, square, rectangular, wood and glass etc. It would be an inventive use of space to have drawers under the table top. They could place plates, cutlery, glasses, saucers, table mats and napkins.
A few basics
To start, choose a tablecloth with a neutral color, white or beige. Then decide on a theme that can be accentuated through designs, shades and textures of table runners and rugs. The theme can be seasonal, tropical, Victorian, creative or just bold.
Whatever theme is chosen, make sure it is relevant to the expected mood. Is it a toast, catching up with friends or just your teenage kids inviting their friends over for a bite? So, at first nothing but the best will do with satins and candle scones, shimmering crystal and champagne; for the next fine wine and witty talk and for the last, vibrant shades and textures, cocoa and finger food.
Let there be light
Lighting is an effective way to highlight the decoration of the dining table in a more beautiful way. Candle stands in silver, bronze, glass and crystal look wonderful and spruce up the moments like a candle lit meal. Hanging and standalone lamps positioned on either side of the table provide a warm glow and magnificence to the dining space. Tea cups, sugar bowls and creamer with water and floating flowers or candles in them are ideal for a special occasion.
In addition to the choice of dining table, tablecloth, theme and lighting, decoration trends also rule in a number of other areas.
1. Focus on the center of your table setting. It should be the tallest item on the table, something as simple as an attractive flower arrangement or a bread basket woven by a master craftsman.
2. Around this central table arrangement, place your best collection of cutlery in silverware, porcelain or bone china.
3. Create interesting napkin shapes from each quarter plate through innovative napkin folding as this will make a very sophisticated statement.
4. Use invaluable accessories particularly when the table is positioned against the side of a wall. These accessories can shape its edge without any danger of falling. Display a classic tea set complete with a tea pot, creamer and sugar bowl as well as four cups, saucers and dessert plates. Such sets which are small pieces of style, come in fine porcelain, ceramic or even iron decorated with wild roses, forget-me-not flowers and magnolia. An enviable display can be the famous cast iron pot of Japan, Tetsubin, ideal for brewing tea over the centuries. Its black enamel prevents rust.
5. A tea pot or tea kettle can also function as an unusual but eye-catching vase holding a bunch of roses or violets ringed with green leaves.
Altogether there is such an exquisite variety of ways to decorate your dining table. It is a dining table where we approach ourselves and enjoy the most beautiful feelings of our existence; so it should be kept more fascinating.
Jamith is an Interior Designer and blogger. He says “Heating the towels and an underfloor heating system makes the bathroom easier for the user and the best use in the autumn season”. He always prefers to buy bathroom products from victorianplumbing.co.uk.