Don’t rush, we still have 10 days left in summer, which means 10 days to enjoy this delicious blackberry cobbler! Serve it hot with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream and enjoy all that summer has to offer!
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed flour
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- ½ cups Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cups Coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cups Coconut milk
Heat oven to 350ºF and grease a 9-inch baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, add the flaxseed meal to the blackberries and stir to coat the berries with the flaxseed meal. Put aside.
Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a dish and stir to combine. Add melted coconut oil and milk. Stir gently to combine.
Pour the batter into a baking dish. Pour the berries (coated in flax meal) into the batter, spreading them evenly in the pan and lightly pressing down on the berries.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Check in at 45 minutes; if the edges are golden and the berries are bubbling, it’s ready. If you prefer a crispier cobbler, bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
Slice and serve warm with vegan vanilla ice cream!
• Be sure to press the berries lightly into the spread.
• If you want a very golden and crispy crust, lightly spray or brush the top of the cobbler with oil before baking.
• You can sprinkle another 2-4 tablespoons of sugar on top of the cobbler before baking for a sweet, golden top.
• If using a smaller or larger pan to make this Blackberry Cobbler, adjust cooking times to ensure proper cooking. A smaller pan gives a thicker cobbler and requires a longer cooking time. A larger pan results in a finer cobbler, requiring less cooking time!