This creamy vegan mushroom pasta is naturally plant-based, intensely comforting and only takes 20 minutes to prepare.
- 14 ounces, weight Spaghetti – Gluten free if needed
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 10 ounces, weight Shiitake mushrooms – stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- ⅔ cups Blonde Beer – White Wine, Or Vegetable Broth
- ½ teaspoon Chili Flakes – Optional, For Garnish
- 1 cup Vegetable Cream Or Coconut Cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper – To taste
- A small handful of parsley – chopped to garnish
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Once the pasta is cooked al-dente, reserve about 2/3 cup of water, then drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and sauté for about 4-5 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
Add the garlic and smoked paprika. Stir and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Pour in the beer and stir to remove any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Simmer until most of the beer has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the vegan cream and pasta water, taste and season with sea salt and pepper.
Simmer for a few minutes, then stir in the cooked pasta. Use tongs to evenly coat the spaghetti with the sauce.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and chili flakes and serve immediately.