This vegan keto blueberry crumble is gluten-free, paleo, and made with wholesome, nutritious ingredients including blueberries, almond flour, coconut flour, pecans, flax, and coconut oil. Prepare this healthy dish in just 30 minutes and serve it as a dessert or even for breakfast!
- 3 cups Frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan gum
- ⅔ cups Almond powder
- ⅓ cups Coconut Flour
- ¼ cups Swerve Sweetener
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cups chopped pecans
- ¼ cups Coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Ground flax meal
- 2-½ tablespoons Water
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 12 inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil and set aside.
2. Prepare your flax egg by mixing one tablespoon of ground flax meal with two and a half tablespoons of water. Stir until smooth and refrigerate for 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of your ingredients*.
3. Add frozen blueberries, lemon juice and xanthan gum to a medium bowl and stir until combined. Put aside.
4. Add almond flour, coconut flour, Swerve, salt, cinnamon and pecans to a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
5. Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract and flax egg to the dry ingredients and mix well. The mixture should start to stick and look like a crumble.
6. Pour the frozen blueberries into the greased cast iron pan and spread them evenly on the bottom. Spread the crumble mixture on top, spreading it evenly over the blueberries.
7. Place the cast iron skillet in the oven and cook for 18 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the crumble begins to lightly brown on top.
8. Take the mold out of the oven and leave to cool. Serve slightly warm. Optional: top with vegan coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!