A watermelon salad with feta and cucumber is the most refreshing ease in summer. Whip up an ice cold drink and sit outside with this delicious salad!
- 2 pounds Chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups Pickle juice (or less)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoons Black pepper
- 4 cups Rocket
- 1-½ cup Cucumber (cut into cubes or quarter pieces)
- 1-½ cup Watermelon (cut into small cubes)
- ⅓ cups Crumbled Feta (plus extra for garnish)
1. Heat the oven to 350. Meanwhile, put your cut up chicken in a large bowl. Add the marinade ingredients (pickle juice, garlic salt and salt) and mix well. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Now do the dressing. In a Pyrex measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard and pepper. Put aside.
3. After the chicken has finished marinating, coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove the chicken from the bowl using a slotted spoon and place it on the dish, spread out. Bake the chicken in the oven for 10 minutes (chicken should read at least 165 degrees to be cooked through).
4. In a large bowl, combine the arugula, chopped cucumber, chopped watermelon, feta and chicken. Then add dressing slowly, choosing your amount. Mix more and serve.
Serve the salad in bowls or plates, with additional crumbled feta on top.