White kitchen cabinets are perhaps the preferred color when most people think of remodeling their kitchen. Right from the start, white is a color that distinguishes and gives a beautiful look to your kitchen.
The style of the kitchen cabinets also complements the white color and modifications in the style of the door can also make a difference in the way the white cabinets look. There are several styles that go together with white kitchen cabinets: French, Country, Traditional, English, Contemporary and Shaker models. In addition, materials used for kitchen cabinets include laminate, plastic, white painted wood, vinyl foil, high gloss lacquer, white washed finish and white stain. These can be used in conjunction with your white kitchen cabinetry to make a design statement and to match your personality and style.
Advantages of using white kitchen cabinets
- The use of white kitchen cabinets makes the selection of accessories and countertops very easy, since most of the accessories also come in white.
- It is also easy to emphasize the color theme in the kitchen and surrounding areas with white kitchen cabinets.
- The use of white kitchen cabinets is impressive as it creates a timeless style that can remain fashionable for many years. While many other styles and colors used in kitchen cabinets may be outdated, this is one color that is bound to last for a long time.
- The overall feel is a very clean look that is also sleek and elegant – many people want their kitchens to look like this.
Styling with white kitchen cabinets
1. If you are looking for a contemporary style, you may want to add a white gloss finish to your white kitchen cabinet. This gives it a sleek and modern look. On the other hand, using a style that has white painted wood, the raised panel doors give the impression of a more traditional kitchen. You can also create various moods and themes for your kitchen by changing the countertops and flooring to match your kitchen cabinets.
2. A white kitchen cabinet with a traditional style can be created with a wooden floor and this is a very popular style among home makers. This gives the kitchen a very inviting feel and this warm design can be supplemented with other interior decorations – for example a white dining table in the kitchen, which is used for breakfast.
3. A black granite countertop adds contrast to the white kitchen cabinetry and makes a distinct style statement. You can change the mood of the kitchen by changing the texture of the countertop. The smoothness of the cabinets is utilized to contrast with the granite countertops. This is a look that is grand and works well together.
4. You may not have thought of this, but the color of the appliances you buy are also quite important in terms of determining the feel of your kitchen. If you want a very traditional looking kitchen, try matching white wood front panels on the front of your fridge and dishwasher. This will improve the appearance of your kitchen and you can choose black or stainless steel cooking tops, sinks and ovens. Conversely, if you want to create a contemporary kitchen, you must use appliances in contrasting colors, adding a dramatic feel to the kitchen.
Some people have the false idea that white kitchen cabinets require a lot of work to maintain because they are mostly found in showrooms. However, this is not true. With the type of finishes and polishes available in the market along with synthetic wood finishes, white kitchen cabinets are as easy to maintain as those in any other color.
White kitchen cabinets have been around for a long time – at least 20 years – and there is no sign that this style will become obsolete. In fact, you have so many options to choose from in terms of modifying your color themes in the kitchen from window treatments, countertop accessories and area rugs that white kitchen cabinets are more likely to stay than disappear.
Where to buy white kitchen cabinets
The Internet is a great place to find manufacturers and suppliers of white kitchen cabinets. For example, TheRTAStore.com is one of the sites that offer white kitchen cabinets online (sponsored link). You should also check the Yellow Pages for cabinet makers and retailers that sell white cabinets. You can also contact wholesalers of such cabinets. The prices here are usually considerably lower than those you find in retail stores.
Compare quality, durability and price (including shipping costs).